Prayer Zone

Post prayers. Discuss specific prayers and the meaning of prayer in general. Readers are invited to join and post their own prayers.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Prayer for Faith

Creator God, I pray for faith.

Your servant St. Paul said, "Act as if you have faith, and faith will be given to you."

How long, O God, will you let me, your servant, act a part? How long, O God, before I experience your healing presence, before I feel your blessings, before I truly know your love?

Your servant King David asked for a pure heart. In history you hardened the hearts of some and not others. Can you not open my heart, open my eyes and ears so that I may know you?

Your servant asks for deliverance and faith. Doubts and fear assault me, tempt me, make me sick at heart. You made me a skeptic, O Lord; you schooled me in doubt and gave me a love of argument. "I believe, O God, help me to overcome my disbelief!"

I choose you, O Lord. I affirm you with my lips and my mind. I beg you to bring my heart into your presence. I pledge my self to you, and pray always that I carry out your will. I ask for discernment, wisdom and your guidance.

Have mercy on me, O God who made the heaven and the earth, and show me your light, give me the faith which I seek.

But "your will be done, not mine." If it be your will, then send me to my grave full of doubts.

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home